I have finished my 30 Dirty Players in 30 Days feature. Over the month of August, we featured the all-time dirtiest player from each NHL Team - From Anaheim to Washington.
The entire feature can be found here in my archives.
The list below is my ranking of the dirty players that we featured. Click on the player's name below to read his specific article.
1. NJD Claude Lemieux - Cheap hits, big turtles and justifies it with religion.
2. PHI Bobby Clarke - Canadian hockey's biggest embarrassment.
3. SJS Bryan Marchment - You can't you argue with his rap sheet.
4. PIT Ulf Samuelsson - Think Samuelsson's gone? Don't be so sure.
5. ANA Chris Pronger - Crosscheck, elbow, foot stomp, he does it all.
6. DAL Steve Ott - Voted dirtiest in the league by his peers. No argument here.
7. TOR Darcy Tucker - Watch your knees, here comes Crazy Tucker.
8. STL David Frost - Not a player, but wouldn't we all like to see him play just one game in Junior?
9. BOS Ken Linseman - He was "the Rat".
10. CGY Gary Suter - Mr. Career Ender
11. LAK Marty McSorley - Dirty players sometimes dress like enforcers.
12. NAS Jordin Tootoo - The heartwarming story is looks like it will have a dirty ending.
13. TAM Steve Downie - Was one of the leagues dirtiest even before his first NHL game.
14. NYI Chris Simon - A tortured soul that had to be on the list.
15. MON Chris Nilan - If you need an enforcer (or a free bathing suit), call "Knuckles" Nilan.
16. WAS Dale Hunter - one-dirtyplayer, two-dirtyplayer, three-dirtyplayer.
17. EDM Peter Pocklington - Your dad's name on the cup? Peter, come on.
18. CHI Bobby Hull - Nice guy on the ice. Too bad his wife didn't play hockey.
19. OTT Jarkko Ruuto - "Who me?"
20. NYR Sean Avery - This agitator plays "sloppy seconds" to no one.
21. DET Chris Chelios - Dirty old man?
22. VAN Todd Bertuzzi - In this case, one cheapshot does make you a dirty player.
23. MIN Derek Boogard - This enforcer's dirtiest play is spawning his trade.
24. COL Krzysztof Oliwa - Is dirty the same as really, really mean?
25. PHO Tyson Nash - Dirty player, bad hair.
26. ATL Eric Boulton - Makes the list because there was no one else on Atlanta.
27. CARJesse Boulerice - He's played for many teams, but I stuck Carolina with him.
28. BUF Brad May - "It will be good when we get him." Hmm, maybe not so much.
29. FLA Brian McCabe - This "Flying Ass" was the inventor of the "Can Opener".
30.COL Steve Moore - Of course he didn't deserve it, but his hit on Naslund was dirty.